This event is in the past.
The Forced Adoption Support Service has a component of funding called the Small Grants program. The program is aimed at activities that build capacity and enhance support for people affected by forced adoption. The maximum grant amount payable is $3000 per application, and there will be 2 funding rounds per year. These will be April and October.
Small Grants funding may be used for a range of peer support activities which are inclusive and promote well-being, self determination, and access to support and advocacy for people affected by forced adoption. These activities include, but are not restricted to:
• Capacity building opportunities such as local or national training, and community education.
• Retreats, including facilitation costs, accommodation, meals and travel
• Group facilitation costs, including cost to engage facilitator
• Group therapy costs (e.g. in creative and expressive art), including cost to engage therapist
• Production of memorials
• Venue and group meeting costs for support and advocacy, including catering and materials
These grants cannot be used for activities that will benefit a sole person or for brokerage for individual counselling and other services.
Applicants are encouraged to consider Activities that will enable your group or organization to continue to provide support to your community into the future. This could include:
• Training in mental health first aid (for those providing telephone support)
• Training in working with the media (for those involved in advocacy)
• Website development
If you would like some more information about the Small Grants Scheme, or for an application pack, please contact Nikki Hartmann
Manager Post Adoption Support Services and Forced Adoption Support Services
08 8245 8139
0400 267 518